Nidhi
I am saddened and I am waiting for the numbness to become something more capable…I am frustrated and I am waiting for this frustration to eat up my brain so that I cannot sit idle any longer…watching all that is going around me like a zombie..

Sometimes I wish I was away from all the news and the coverage. Wish I was so mired with my deadlines and my presentations that only ET would catch my eyeballs each day ….

Quota system, some please make me believe that this is in better stand and not just a lazy solution that the politicians are using to cover up half a decade of letting BC be just that…letting them remain illiterate and using these very gimmicks to fill the ballot boxes…someone please make me believe that the discrimination between the haves and have nots will be eventually solved by these quotas…why …do all the have nots, the less empowered, do they all belong to the OBC and Scheduled castes…..??

Someone tell me why should the Maharashtra assembly spent an entire day debating wardrobe malfunction and set an enquiry group to do the needful…..while the farmers, those who have cultivated onion…these left to struggle with the apathy of the government...where are those eyeballs who sit in conference viewing the clipping of the ‘malfunction’ when a farmer commits suicide in the very mandi where he should have been able to sell this produce to provide for his family….

Why does the government spend 29 crores to get the ‘flame’ from Australia to India…why does movie actors and actresses get paid in crores for their dance and drama when it is our players who ‘perform’ …and why does the budget overshoot by 9 crores when all that is accomplished in the bargain to get the ‘flame’ to the next venue….how numb, how many zombies is this country made of ……..And at the other end …..why does a national kabbadi player have to commit suicide….and that to someone who is still in form and not retired…….what is left with a father who earns just 700 rupees per month…..someone promises government jobs and never delivers……why do you need to further frustrate people who are already living on the edge……no one will miss them I am sure of……there are enough hungry stomachs in India who will be ready to play for their country for the ‘promise’ of a decent job…..why care when the supply is in surplus…..simply exploit the opportunity……Ashwariya (I do not care if the spelling is wrong !) is born just once……..girls who can play at the national level is found in every village……Saif ali is celebrated in Australia for his amazing ‘performance’….a stamp has been released by the ‘obliged’ Australian government.

Meerut tragedy is getting coverage and so is the funeral of ‘Rajkumar’…I really do not know what to say……why do mobs occur…….why do people storm DM offices and what goes into the minds of those very people who vandalize the houses on the funereal path of someone…….

I wish I could atleast sleep over it…….but to tell the truth even sleep brings nightmares at times……
12 Responses
  1. Ashish Gupta Says:

    i dont want a gold....
    mera ek treat mein hi kaam chal jayega...
    yaha aakar deni padegi! some junk, cakes 'n bakes, fine wine and marine drive par all-nighter >:)



  2. Anonymous Says:

    No you aren't a zombie.
    You are a pillar!
    Zaroori to nahi ki as a student and in just a fraction of ur life you'd be able to do something big for others... Social worker to ho nahi...
    I believe what matters is not today's contributions but the things we give back by the time we die and the genuine intentions - which you have.
    I am sure you are gonna do at least a few good things in the loong remaining life :)
    Gud luck to you for the same >:D<



  3. SUNMAY Says:

    whoa mt vesuvius on fire !


  4. Unknown Says:

    yes.. u r right.. its jus not u whos a zombie.. we r all zombies :))
    really, i too feel helpless seeing all these things.. infact lots of happenings oflate have got into my mind as to why its happening tht way and why not the way we want it!! I hope am confusing u ;)

    And first i'd like to see sports separated from glamour world.. plsss we should spare sports atleast from tht...

    anyway, all tht we can do now is create a wishlist n hope for the best... :( n be zombies to the core... :((


  5. Anonymous Says:

    Yeah ashu!! your all-nighter ka demand mujhe pata hai....we will do it some time..

    And tab tak keep missing me ;)


  6. Anonymous Says:

    yeah .....sadly its 'true'

    but there is hope....:)


  7. Anonymous Says:

    You put a lot of faith in me ashu...wish i am able to live upto it...

    Thankyou !! *hugs*


  8. Anonymous Says:

    Yeah ....I too did a lot of 'hmmings' before I posted it here.....

    :)


  9. Anonymous Says:

    Yeah...lying dormant was getting suffocating...i let the fume and lava flow....

    :P


  10. Anonymous Says:

    Yeah ...but lets not be complete 'zombies'...even this small platform that we have...it something more than 'nothing'....

    And i know...there is a lot left to get to the desired state...the mindlessness is mind boggling at times...and at other times...i do see some improvements...which otherwise escape me....

    I think i am confusing you too... :P ;)