Nidhi
Hey! I have been on ‘orkut’ for some time…and apart from getting to know my blog friends better (It was sooo exciting to go locating them) I have been able to reconnect with some school friends and also been richer by the links which have been helpful in getting me lots of e-books and a peek into an amazing story……uska abhi ‘the end’ nahin hone wala…….will write about it later ;)

So what I was about to share was that I have been able to join my alma mater’s society and among other discussions was this trivia about the guy who would sell lots of savories outside the school gates……sadly none of us were able to recall his name…though most of us had our mouth watering at the mere memory of the smell and taste of amazing ‘aloocut’ and ‘imli’ that we had….This man was old, would wear a dhoti and kurta and would come with a cane stand and a lot of nice stuff…(of typical girlie taste)
And when the school would get over….we would actually shout and yell to be hear and grab with elastic hands as our buses would threaten to leave without us…it was a great deal of nuisance for all those who loved discipline and cleanliness….. :P

But one incident stands out…..It so happened that someone got ‘imli’ from this guy and was having it in the Physics class….now ‘that’ teacher was a cool one…...(by ‘convent’ standard she was more of a rebel)!! So this girl is caught in the mischief…and hands over the remaining stuff to the teacher….no big bother really :)) ….But there was more fun in store….the paper he used to wrap in the imli used to be ‘raddi’ used notebooks and magazines…(I never said it was hygienic ) and this sample was wrapped in some kind of a love letter written by a boy….more like one high on hormones…and with weird spelling and lazy handwriting…..:P and when Ms.S noticed the writing she laughed at it…Now no decent teacher laughs at a small wrap of imli !!

So we asked her to share her thoughts….game that she was…….she asked someone who had equally illegible handwriting to read it….(amazing common sense). Anyways after 3-4 trial runs…the complete letter was deciphered and it was read aloud inside closed doors, while we tried hard to laugh with our mouth closed !!

It was something very very hilarious!! I remember some of us falling over with controlled laughter….. he he he .And it was a ‘prized’ possession in no time…each of us wanted to share it with the rest of our gang …..So the inevitable happened….:P

Since the ‘aloocut’wala used to tear pages from complete notebooks we decided there might be more pages left from the same, now we waited for the school to get over….and rushed to the ‘aloocut’wala with double the speed and urgency ….but sadly some things are not meant to happen……:P :(

We were not able to read another piece of the words uttered by a crazed heart, wounded by the eyes of the cruel girl…..(believe me it was even more tacky than this)

Alas alas !!
23 Responses
  1. hey that's real fun, :P
    and me writing ur first comment is fun too :D hahahahaha


  2. hmm btw what does the title mean *confused*


  3. Anonymous Says:

    yes !! its fun being the first to comment...and it was fun all the way for me too ;)

    And the title means "Love letter" in French :P :)


  4. Unknown Says:

    hmm.. so, someone is using orkut too much!!! :P
    btw, whats tht orkut?? is it a tool or something??? am very new to these things u know ;)
    and u r reading stories thr?? don't read too much!! those stories r very bad.. hehee..


  5. Unknown Says:

    And abt this love story!!!
    seems interesting..
    do share it here na ;)
    hmm.. ur teacher seems to be a gud sport.. wish we had teachers like tht..
    our school was like very strict.. :(
    I know u gals like these kinds of stuffs alot.. my sis was like very mad at these kinds of things too...

    poor chap!! am talking abt the guy who wrote it.. he might have written it with great passion n here u bunch of gals read it out aloud n laugh at it!! too bad :PPP


  6. Anonymous Says:

    hi little angel,

    Hope life's g48 there........
    Nice posts....almost all of them
    Last one...really good....but cudnt undstnd the title....
    Me...got osted to mumbai...m reallllyyy hapy...
    wntd to share this wth u.....bhool gaye ho na hamein!!!...
    God bless u



  7. Neha Sinha Says:

    skul time's always been fun!...we take delight in mischiefs..:D

    ..and what was the matter of love letter? ;)


  8. Manisha Says:

    Oh yes! i remember that incident too.In fact i told most of my friends abt that diary entry.However, i have been very wary abt disposing off my diaries in the right way since that day...who knows someone finds the pages with another imliwala ;)


  9. Anonymous Says:

    Love letters. Who writes them these days? Hehe! Anyway, my school memory is going the laari-waale uncle to get some idlis. It was weird for us to be in gujarat and have idlis for lunch ;) but it was fun and tasty. I tell you all the laariwaalas unhygienic habits make it much more tastier. Apologies if I grossed anyone out.
    And yeah, I am very careful when I drop my papers for recycling. Too many scribblings. :D


  10. fursat Says:

    Unfortunately, I changed so many schools that I have not been able to locate a single friend from school as I don't even remember most of the names. My university friends give a crap about orkut/blogging stuff, so I will have to keep in touch with them old-fashioned way...email.

    I hardly ate such kinda stuff at school as my Mom was very strict about it and never gave us money (ok the truth is that I stole Rs. 2 everyday from my mom and ate such stuff esp. mooli, chooran ke golis and kalla khatta...but you dare not tell her).

    I love your story. Its high on romantic-quotient. I mean it could make a good story, you guys going everyday, eating imli and reading the guy's story everyday, one page at a time and when it reaches its high point and you are waiting for that last letter...(ok ok I am going a little overboard but I should work on this...what say?...he he)


  11. hey tht nice interesting story:P


    its fun n joy....!!! n happy b'day :-)))


  12. HaHa,
    that was great.You were lucky to have teacher like that.


  13. Anonymous Says:

    yeah !! someone is orkutting too much :P but no ones complaining !!

    I do not just read stories.....I am scripting too ;)

    Yeah ! we did make a lot of fun of that love letter..but good that the writer did not know it...so it was harmless fun .. and makes for a nice memory too :D

    Take Care !


  14. Anonymous Says:

    Hey seemu !! your senti dialogue worked on me !!

    How can i forget you !! cannot imagine forgetting you !!!!

    Am your 'little angel' so remember me when ever you need me.....i am always there for you !!

    *hugs* Am soooo happy for you and S !!


  15. Anonymous Says:

    you are mad !!

    :*


  16. Anonymous Says:

    Sigh !! Neha wish i could find out more about the love letter....but could lay our hands on only one stray piece :P

    And you bet !! school times are most fun !!

    Enjoy your days !! :P


  17. Anonymous Says:

    Yayaaa !! Glad you too remember the letter too !! Waise the amount of mirth it had evoked ......;) it was quite expected that we would remember it for long !!

    So nice to have someone from my class here ......Thanks friend !!

    :)


  18. Anonymous Says:

    Yeah !! good that you are careful with the scribblings :P

    I do think love letters are special *ahem ahem * anyways ...

    I loved eating stuff from the roadside vendors too...and i still do despite everthing :P


  19. Anonymous Says:

    Shshhhhh !! No one visiting my blog should leak out Ricky's BIG secret !!

    I am going to say this to aunty jee myself !! :P

    It was a lot of fun ricky ...I loved those days ....and yeah !! high on romantic quotient ;) Do write a story on it ....would be hapy to get some ending to it....even if its scripted !!

    :))


  20. Anonymous Says:

    Hey !! welcome to my blog !!! nice to have you here...

    Sigh !! did you really spent two hours going through my blog !!! *Gawd *

    I hope to see you dropping in regularly then ;)

    Take care !


  21. Anonymous Says:

    Thankyou for the Birthday wishes !!

    *hugs*

    So nice to come to know you ....hope to know you better ...

    :)


  22. Anonymous Says:

    Yes !! you are very right ...we were lucky to have teachers like her....they make our school days so much fun to remember....and to have such sporting spirit...it was a lesson in itself :P

    Nice to have you here !! welcomr to my blog :)