Nidhi
I got a very sweet news today…my cousin is getting engaged to his love……..

Now I am amused because of an interesting incident that happened a few years ago….while I was in college….this cousin of mine calls up really early in the morn on a Sunday to say that he is in the city and is coming down…..

That is an urgency enough for 4 girls to wake up and get some sense to work…well….to say the least we were in a position to open the door to a guy and were able to have a decent conversation over tea…my flat mates were giggling all the time, sadly I could not join….he was already embarrassed :P

Dressed, I was contemplating showing him around the university area when he tells me he has plans of his own……we get to meet one of his friends from his coaching days, she incidentally turned out to be a common friend….and lived just one block away ! clichéd it is…but, it’s a small world ;)

Next on itinerary is a visit to a distant relative of his who lives across the place….DU , Hudson Lines and Kingsway Camp!! So we tread to her place. What he suggests is that for some fun lets pose as if we are going around!! I am always game for innocent fun : ))

Swati is soo glad to see him, and me too….well until he introduces me and I play the part to a flourish , ‘a wink and tell’ :P She asks me to tell her how we met and how did it all happen….hmm…hmm……we were able to concoct a ‘believable’ story about having met on a DCT bus a year ago…and have carried on since. He being my cousin, we kept talking about family and catching on the latest news ….She kept wowing at the fact that I knew so much about the family already :P Before long we were on our way to a popular joint for lunch …

This cousin of mine is quite handsome, and has a very sweet disposition with a streak of craziness too (I found out !!) And we carried on the charade for a long time….on and on with back slapping friendliness and the poor baby smiling and bearing up with it :P Least did I know that she had a crush on this guy !!!!!!!!

Now when it was time to drop Swati to her PG I thought we might as well tell her about the imposer, Honey refuses (yeah that’s what we call him ;)). I say, ‘don’t we have to clarify something??’ ‘I do not!’ Staring at him *pagal ho kya!!* ‘Anyways, Swati I happen to be his cousin…and it was all in fun….There is nothing between us’

She sits down on the stairs….I am amused, *whats the deal ?!?*

Now the deal is that they are getting engaged this month and are getting married next year !!!

Silly Life :D
23 Responses
  1. Unknown Says:

    first.. congrats to ur cousin on his engagement.. :)

    secondly, i know u r always game for fun.. but innocent!!! tht I find hard to digest.. i hope u know why am saying this.. :P

    I guess even ur cousin wanted to know whether the other gal had some crush on him or something.. right??
    anyway, now i guess u'll ahve a gud laugh during the wedding.. thinking n telling all ur relatives abt those incidents..
    enjoyyyy :)



  2. Ashish Gupta Says:

    abe kaam ki baat to karti nahi hai. U DUFFER >:P

    yeh fundaes to de do ki ghar par kaise baat karte hai?
    introduce kaise karwate hai...
    parents ko kaise patate hai..
    bandi ke parents tak baat kaise le jaate hai
    pehle se close relatives mein support jugadna padta hai kya?


    blah blah blah


  3. faith Says:

    cute one.. nidhi congrats to yr cousin :)

    @Ashish so many Qs.. uffff


  4. Anonymous Says:

    haha! nice one. poor swati for all the trauma she had to keep inside her. bravo nidhi for putting up a show. :D

    Many Congrats to your cousin.


  5. Anonymous Says:

    weird thing. i visit this blog nearly every day. one time i don't find a new post. i check later and there are two new ones. very weird


  6. SUNMAY Says:

    sahi hai ! ... getting back to the blogging space after quite some time .. these exams ..yuck !


  7. JS Says:

    Hii Nidhi,
    My hearty wishes to ur cousin :)and All the Best for the two of them

    And that was really funny :D lol
    Thanks for visiting my space dear
    Cheers 4 now


  8. fursat Says:

    Wow!! What a story!!

    Loved reading through it. So, you can easily play the part of a make-belief-girlfriend. Good to know that. If I need one, I will give you a call.

    Best wishes to the couple. You can someday narrate this story to your nephew/neices...he he


  9. Anonymous Says:

    haan tarzan ki baat hi alag hai :P
    so next time he bangs his head somewhere i'll redirect him to you.. only then would you realise what it takes to be ""tarzan's"" neighbour... i feel like a paramedic :(


  10. SUNMAY Says:

    that was me btw


  11. Anonymous Says:

    hey congrats n best wishes 2 ur cousin!!...lucky both of them!!


  12. Anonymous Says:

    I have yet to forward this link to that cousin :P But I m sure he would be happy to receive all the best wishes ...

    And now we all know how innocent the whole gang is ;) You are no less .... he hee

    Maybe that was the reason...but i think it was to tease her too....he surely did not want to give away the secret !!!

    Yeah !! We will all get a good laugh out of this...whts marriage without some spicy stuff to share ;)

    :))


  13. Anonymous Says:

    Sadly .....Ashu uska line was clear...:P

    It was just the matter of working on it for a few years for them ...

    But i am sure you will be doing great as well...sacchi mujhe nahin pata ussne kaise baat ki thi !!

    But i will ask him when i meet....I wanna know the whole saga too

    ;) :P


  14. Anonymous Says:

    Thanks !! Am sure both will be happy to get so many replies to this :) Pretty unexpected for them ;))

    And yeah !! lots of questions :P


  15. Anonymous Says:

    yeah !! I am too good an actor ;)

    Dramatics is a hobby :))

    And poor Swati ...did not know all the sparks then :P :))

    he hee !!


  16. Anonymous Says:

    yeah !! very wierd !!

    Infact if you check the time of posting....you will know how wierd i am ....

    =))


  17. Anonymous Says:

    Great to see you here !!

    Yeah exams suck !! >:P

    I had a lot of fun too....no one is complaining now !!


  18. Anonymous Says:

    thanks !! and i am sure it was fun....for my cousin atleast !!

    And now the sweet girl has her love for life too ...

    You are most welcome here....keep dropping :)


  19. Anonymous Says:

    Yeah !! even i thought .'what a story'...but that was regarding the final out come !!

    he hee.....make-belief girlfriend !! see to do that you have to find someone who shall buy the story that we met on the DTC bus :P

    I will narrate this to them !! pakka !! promich ricky :))


  20. Anonymous Says:

    Hey !! will pass on your wishes.....they do infact make a very nice couple !!

    lucky them :)


  21. Ashish Gupta Says:

    abe tu kya karegi pata karke...
    pata to mujhe karna hai

    address de.. contact number de.. itte kaam ke log birle hi milte hai ;-)

    Abhi list bana raha hoon helpline ki - add kar lunga :P

    jaldi hi zarurat padne wali hai... who knows may be in a few months!!!!!!!


  22. Unknown Says:

    Hey nice one......I just stumbled upon your blog, and really liked this one. I will be reading all your posts, but it will take some time.

    Happy blogging.