Nidhi

I am at the end of one phase of my life and it looks fine till now….and hopefully I will be myself and happy in the next phase too.

Its time to say adieu to my studentlife and begin a new chapter...I have done all the crazy things I wanted to do till now…for a peep ..Pure science till +2, Honours in English literature, MBA in marketing and finance and yes must confess too that I find finance very boring and confusing…maybe its because of the way it was taught to me..I would not say that any subject can be boring or difficult.

And now I am hoping that the corporate life does not take away all the ‘me’ in me and that I would remain myself and not be a misfit. Come to think of it I would like the change. Why does all ‘about- to- join’ have to hear the fundas of being a ‘teamplayer’ and ‘adaptability’, ‘common ambition’, ‘shared vision’…and all those high sounding words with such vague meaning…I fail to recall any more because I would hate Business Ethics classes….I do not hate ethics. I would plug my ears as I tried to hum songs to keep away all the nonsense …so you see today I do not have the benefit of recalling those super important words…now does that put me in a disadvantageous position…don’t regret it ..so do not care !

Now I was wondering if life is the same everywhere …talking about micro and macrocosm…I think I will have a good time..and even if I do not I will hum a song to myself and drown all the ‘music’ around me.

I am sleepy now and have a presentation lined up for tomorrow…and though I hate to say this I do not want to flunk any of my papers (read finance only) and so might just try to ‘study’ for the last time and will be away for a week….
13 Responses
  1. Anonymous Says:

    I will leave my ME FIRST stamp here and read this later, aaram se...


  2. Anonymous Says:

    :) gud luck with the 'corporate life' but rite now for the papers - I really do understand what you are going thru ;)


    So u read glasbergen, eh? I have a good collection of its strips but it never enticed me enough to read them all :|
    I dig Calvin & Hobbes & Dilbert :D *childish grin*


    PS: thrrrrbbbttt <--- for Ricky! I was studying for exam aur mere peeche se kya ho gaya :O :O I lost the gold ;)


  3. Unknown Says:

    so, u r at the end of ur study life.. wahh.. u were certainly crazy doing different degrees :D

    let me then start welcoming u to the corporate life.. and yeah u r right, u'll hear all those high funda words here... and u'll also understand why company politics is cheaper than the Indian politics.. :D
    so be ready...


  4. Anonymous Says:

    Arre kyon darra diya...I m aspiring to do MBA in finance..aur tumne toh usse ekdum hi boring sa keh kar mujhe rethink karne ko laga rahi ho....par hum bhi firm hai. ( haan jab 10th ke baad science ya commerce, 12th ke baad engg. ya phir pure science aur degree ke baad MS ya phir MBA ye decide karne ke confusion ke baad....now to decide finance ya other fields was pretty simple..lol).
    n dont worry. Corporate Life koi darne wali baat nahi hai...Just b wht u are n u wil enjoy.....aur woh sab high sounding words , well , words hi rehte hai....toh dont worry much...


  5. Anonymous Says:

    This is the most exciting and anxious time in anyone's career. You really have got varied experiences in life through your education. It is always good to have different choices in life. Atleast you won't regret anything now.

    I don't think Corporate will chane anything drastic in "you". As far as the catch phrases you are talking about, well...that's a reality of corporate life. You will have to work in teams and deal with people, which is way harder than dealing with machines. I hope all the teachings you obtained will help you transit better in your new life.

    My best wishes for you always. Best of Luck for your exams (double that for finance). Kick Ass. Also, do try to sleep a bit as you last few lines sounded very sleepy...he he


  6. Anonymous Says:

    Wow! That's so cool. I can't wait till I can say that for myself. Long way ahead. It must be interesting to take up studies in varied fields. Cool! Anyhow, All the best.


  7. Anonymous Says:

    don study hard @ last few days at college. i wud rather suggest u enjoi most coz once u r outta college u wud know what u missd in college ! * am senti .. sob sob* corporate life! a diff world, don't have to omany expectations , jsut b ready for some fun, some shock but dont worry, only thing that changes is u wud be paid 4 killing time.. hahaha


  8. Anonymous Says:

    Yes you first!! more often than not this phase somehow becomes a time for introspection too...and i am not just speaking about MBA or Kotler and all the projects..but all the learnings accompanied..

    And i do wish i remain myself..and thankyou so much for the wishes..aur corporate culture par take itna varied hai that i would wait an form an opinion of my own.

    :) thankyou !


  9. Anonymous Says:

    Yes Ashu the papers are over.....and am I relieved !! ;)

    I love Calvin and Hobbes....aur Gold toh main waise bhi nahin de rahi.. =))

    Keep dropping...who knows you may get something as good as gold!


  10. Anonymous Says:

    Yay I was...infact the only way I could ever explain it during any interview was by saying that I did all that I wanted to do......which is perfectly true.

    And thankyou sooo much...corporate world will be different from all that I have faced till now..but am sure I will be good there.

    Board room politics, glass ceiling...I will surely check out :)


  11. Anonymous Says:

    Arre nahin.....darrna nahin ...dekho I did all that I wished to do..and finance ke paper bhi likh hi diye naa....You will love it if you have an interest in it.

    Do not go by my reactions :P And I know how keen you are on finance..kuch mujhe bhi sikha dena :)

    Thankyou for those reassuring words.


  12. Anonymous Says:

    Yes it was one of the best things that I did and thoroughly enjoyed the experience.....and hats off to my folks for letting me get away with it. :)

    You will be good in what you plan to do...I know your passion ..and with such a strong disposition you will surely come out tops!

    Cheers!!


  13. Anonymous Says:

    He he he :)) Yes I do plan to have a lot of fun and earn good money too.

    You must be right..for you got a raise recently....will come to you for advice if I am stuck in a sticky situation.....:))

    And all the tension and drama is welcome..:)

    I enjoyed the last few days and studied the least possible!!